Vacancy at Shetland Food and Drink 16 May 2018
Want to promote Shetland’s local produce? Want to help Shetland Food and Drink and Taste of Shetland achieve their ambitions? Want to work with our members to help them grow their businesses? Then this new role might be perfect for you.
As a result of a very successful launch period, including the creation and launch of www.tasteofshetland.com, our first Festival under the Taste of Shetland banner, the first Up Helly Aa Food & Drink Market, the successful launch of the Taste of Shetland Pop-Up, and growth of our membership to nearly 60 members, we need more 'hands on deck'. Therefore the Shetland Food and Drink Board have created a new role of Assistant Manger to work alongside Shetland Food & Drink’s Manager, Jill Franklin. Because of the huge amount of interest which has been generated in such a short space of time in Shetland Food and Drink, we need someone to start immediately.
Marian Armitage, Chair of Shetland Food and Drink says: “We have had a tremendous first nine months of operation and have been overwhelmed by the level of interest in Shetland produce. We feel we are at the start of something big, so want to create a structure that enables us to make the most of the huge opportunities we feel are out there. We have spoken to our funders and, with their agreement, have decided to create a new role which works alongside the Manager role. We will do this within our current funding budget. It means that we have a much stronger organisation to take us into the next phase of our activity.”
The details of the new Assistant Manager position are as follows:
Freelance role - approximately 3 days (24 hours) a week, including weekend and out-of-hours work.
This new role is central to the growth of Shetland Food and Drink. It plays a key role in the delivery of our plans, working alongside our Manager on not only established projects, but the development of new ideas - and seeing those through from conception to delivery and review. The key responsibility of the role is to ensure that our organisation and its projects run smoothly and efficiently. This role reports to the Manager of Shetland Food and Drink.
- Membership management and development, including managing membership renewals, members benefits, member liaison, arranging members meetings and helping to grow our membership
- Board support - arranging all meetings, writing minutes etc
- Finance - processing all paperwork and working with the Manager on other financial tasks
- Working with the Manager on all our projects and events including: The Taste of Shetland Pop-up (overseeing the ordering of stock, processing stock in and out, organising stock takes, managing our volunteer programme, helping with marketing and ensuring that the Pop-Up runs smoothly); events management and delivery support for all other events including Up Helly Aa food market, Taste of Shetland Festival, Taste of Grampian etc
- Support on marketing and PR for all projects - helping to develop print material, arranging photography, social media campaigns, including being responsible for our social media feeds
- Working with sponsors in conjunction with the Manager
- Supporting the Manager in funding applications
- Supporting the Manager and the Board in the creation of new ideas which help the growth of the organisation
Personal skills/experience required
- Strong project management and organisational skills, with the ability to handle many projects at any one time
- Strong communication and sales skills, with an eye for a PR opportunity
- Good eye for detail
- Good networking skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of people
- A positive outlook and the ability to work with fast-moving situations
- Experience of working with financial processes
- Experience of food and drink, and UK and international markets an advantage
The role is funded until March 2019. For details of the remuneration and to apply (by submitting your CV and a covering letter), please contact Marian Armitage by email - armitagew4 (at) gmail.com
The closing date is Wednesday 23 May 2018.