We Are Hiring!2 March 2019
We are delighted to announce that, following a successful launch project, we have secured funding for another 18 months. It means that we have freelance roles available to apply for right now!
Shetland Food and Drink Limited (SFAD) has successfully secured over £60,000 of funding, effectively allowing the organisation to continue over the next 18 months. For more information, please click here.
It is the pleasure of the Shetland Food & Drink Board of Directors to announce that the roles which form part of this 18-month project - that of Manager and Assistant Manager - are now open for applications.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter to Yvette Hopkins, SFAD Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is 11:59, Sunday 10 March 2019. For any further details or inquiries (to include remuneration), please do not hesitate to contact Yvette Hopkins at her email. All shortlisted candidates must be available for a face-to-face interview on 14 March 2019, with an anticipated employment date shortly thereafter. The details of the two roles are below.
Key Details of the position are as follows:
- The Role of Manager is a highly visible role and is central to the growth and sustainability of Shetland Food & Drink
- The manager is not only responsible for driving forward all elements of our offering to members, but also has primary responsibility to move Shetland Food & Drink towards becoming a commercially viable, self-sustaining organisation
- This freelance position is funded for 18 months
- It is approximately 1.5 days a week of work, which may require weekend and out-of-hours work
- This role reports to the Shetland Food & Drink Board, and in particular the Chair
- This position may supervise up to two other freelance employees
The key responsibilities of the Manager are focused on developing the organisation’s commercial sustainability:
- Develop, drive and deliver SFAD’s strategic vision, goals, and objectives ensuring all targets for 2019/20 are met
- Collaborate and liaise with the SFAD Board, membership, sponsors, funders, and the local, UK, and at times EU Food & Drink Sector
- Develop public and private grant funding and commercial sponsorship streams
- Put forth new ideas on behalf of the membership to achieve the aforementioned strategic objectives
- Work with the Assistant Manager to grow the membership base
- Collaborate with the Board to drive all aspects of the commercial development of the organisation
- Plan and implement PR campaigns
Other responsibilities include:
- Plan and oversee key events, including the annual Taste of Shetland Festival
- Develop SFAD’s approach to cruise ship engagement
- Prepare budgets for approval by the Board, manage cash flow and oversee all aspects of day-to-day financial management for individual & group projects
Personal skills/experience required:
- Outstanding project management and detailed organisational skills, capable of managing multiple projects at any one time.
- Very strong full financial management experience
- Experienced in food and drink, particularly in the UK market. International markets are an advantage
- Exceptionally strong, natural communication and sales skills.
- Exceptional managerial leader and delegator with open and positive management style
- An eye for a PR opportunity
- Experience of moving a business from start-up into profitability
- This role is central to the growth of Shetland Food & Drink. It plays a key role in the delivery of our plans, working alongside our Manager on not only established projects, but the development of new ideas - and seeing those through from conception to delivery and review. The key responsibility of the role is to ensure that our organisation and its projects runs smoothly and efficiently.
- This role reports to the Manager of Shetland Food and Drink and is a freelance role with an 18-month contract.
- Membership management and development, including managing membership renewals, members benefits, member liaison, arranging members meetings and helping to grow our membership
- Organising training and development workshops for members, focusing on topics to help them grow their businesses and grow their understanding of the external market
- Events management and delivery support on all our projects and events including: Up Helly Aa Food Market, Peerie Bites, Cooking Challenge, Taste of Shetland Festival and more; plus shows and conferences outwith Shetland, for example Taste of Grampian, Speciality Food Show, etc.
- Support on marketing and PR for all projects - helping to develop print material, arranging photography, social media campaigns, including being responsible for our social media feeds
- Management and development of the online shop including fulfilling orders, liaising with producers and suppliers, and growing the range and quality of what the shop offers
- Working with sponsors in conjunction with the Manager
- Supporting the Manager on the cruise ship
- Supporting the Manager in funding applications
- Supporting the Manager and the Board in the creation of new ideas which help the growth of the organisation
- Board support - arranging all meetings, writing minutes etc.
- Finance - processing all paperwork and working with the Manager on other financial tasks
Personal skills/experience required:
- Strong project management and organisational skills, with the ability to handle many projects at any one time
- Strong communication and sales skills, with an eye for a PR opportunity
- Good eye for detail
- Good networking skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of people
- A positive outlook and the ability to work with fast-moving situations
- Experience of working with financial processes
- Experience of food and drink, and UK and international markets an advantage
These roles are both funded by Shetland LEADER and Shetland Islands Council.