It can be used as an event, demonstration, retail, educational and pop-up catering facility, and is intended to build awareness of Shetland food and drink in the isles and beyond.
To be able to hire our Taste of Shetland trailer for a public event, you must have the following*:
- Street traders licence-you must apply for this at least 6 weeks before your event. SFAD hold the main licence, the additional licence that is required is called an operators licence/individual at a cost of £66.50. This is valid for 3 years. Click here for more information about the licence.
- Food hygiene cert-If you do not have a current certificate then you can do an online course at Highspeed Training
- Correct insurance for towing
- Driving licence with the correct category (trailer weight is 1800kg)
- Arrange your own reg plate (measurements nine inches by seven inches)
*If the event you are attending already has a public entertainment licence or your event is private, then a Street Traders Licence is not required.
Cost of hiring the trailer is £125.00 per day.
The trailer is complete with the following equipment:
Large double bowl commercial sink
2 x 760mm LPG griddles
LPG Bain Maries
2 x Polar CD610 undercounter fridge
1 x Cobra CR6DL 4 burner oven and Hob (lpg)
1 x Dean Deluxe boiler
1x Gas or Electric water heater
Cleaning solutions and equipment
2 x bins
A refrigerated trailer is also available to use.
The trailer does not come with a generator, you must arrange your own.
The trailer must be returned in clean condition, failure to do so will incure a charge.
To hire the Taste of Shetland Trailer, please complete and submit the enquiry form and a member of our team will contact you as soon as possible.